Sometimes when installing the Gazella router, you may have another guest network that is open and available. We want to remove that open network so we can drive traffic to your new Gazella network.
There are a few avenues to take for removing the old guest network:
- Open your browser and enter the manufacturer’s default IP address, typically located on the underside of your router or in the user manual or a custom one that you set. Using your username and password, log into your router settings page.
- Open the wireless tab to edit your wireless settings.
- Click on the guest network tab to edit settings.
- Click disable in the drop-down menu or checkbox, depending on your router.
- Click apply, then your router may reboot.
Another option would be to call your internet service provider and they should be able to help walk through the process. If they offer to send a tech out to your establishment, please first ask if it will be a free service. If it is then absolutely let them come and help. If not, then please call customer support.